I created this series as a project during the COVID-19 lockdown in New Zealand to get better at a different sort of vector illustration.
It was a really satisfying project, and a lot of people found the facts about each bird really interesting. It is nice to give people something to look forward to each day. I did these birds for 30 days (the 4 week period of level 4 we were locked down for).
Kinds of birds from left to right:
1. Royal Northern Albatross 2. Banded Dotterel 3. Bellbird (Korimako) 4. Blue Duck 5. Brown Kiwi 6. Fairy Tern
7. Fantail (Piwakawaka) 8. Bar-Tailed Godwit 9. Grey Warbler (Riroriro) 10. Kaka 11. Kea 12. Wood Pigeon (Kereru)
13. New Zealand (Sacred) Kingfisher (Kotare) 14. Kokako 15. Morepork (Ruru) 16. New Zealand Falcon (Karearea)
17. Little Blue Penguin (Korora) 18. Rifleman (Titipounamu) 19. South Island Robin (Toutouwai) 20. Saddleback (Tieke)
21. Red-Billed New Zealand Seagull 22. Silvereye (Tauhou) 23. Takahe 24. Tomtit (Miromiro) 25. Tui 26. Weka
27. Whitehead (Popokotea) 28. Wrybill (Ngutu Pare) 29. Yellow-Eyed Penguin (Hoihoi) 30. Yellowhead (Mohua)